Friday 28 February 2014

Better Late than Never

Sometimes I think that Freud would have a field day probing my collecting habits......
When the old, brown, mummified with gaffer tape, boxes from eBay are deposited in the wheelie bin by our Postie, I'm usually pretty sharp at fishing them out and cutting open the wrapping. The contents usually sit on my desk for a few days, before being photographed and squeezed onto an over full shelf somewhere around the house.  And then very proudly, I'll post a photo on my blog.
But sometimes real gems get lost in the process and here's one that's been with me with me for a year now.
Keeping anything anal to the end: It's a really lovely example of a mid-sized TY (sweet pea) pattern, baluster vase shape 198, Painted by Gwen Dry in the early 1930's.

1 comment:

  1. I'm relieved that the anal was kept at your end.

    ReplyDelete