Saturday 23 June 2012

Webbed feet at Newark

I came away empty handed from the Newark Antiques Fair yesterday.  The rain didn't put off all the traders  and there were quite a few Art Deco Poole pots there, but the ones I fancied were all a bit too expensive.  On the drive there, I did call into the local Royal Mail sorting office to collect the vase above, posted to me by another collector who had agreed to a private sale.  It's quite a rare pattern, (YM) and at 11cm tall (shape no. 311) the vase is slightly bigger than most of the little geometric pots I own, but then the pattern does, untypically, fill most of the vase area. This very vase also appears on page 60 of the Robert Prescott-Walker book Collecting Poole Pottery. I think it more than makes up for my Newark duck.


No comments:

Post a Comment