Saturday 22 October 2011

Just Like Hubble?

At the start of the summer my old camera died, and it's taken until now to finally get the best out of the new one.  I took theses photos as part of an update for my website. I thought the Delphis pages were looking a bit tired, and I was also starting to think that I was getting tired of Delphis.  But these photos have made me change my mind and realise what first drew me to collecting theses beautiful pots.  I couldn't wait to share them here.  
From the top down they're painted by: Jean Millership, Pamela Bevans and Patricia Wells. All painted within a couple of years of each other, between1967 and 1970.  Each a little galaxy of colour, 30 odd years before the humble space telescope and my camera finally got focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment