Friday 21 January 2011

Bokhara vase 674/1 JB


I'd just about given up on ever been able to photograph these JB pattern Sapphire Blue and Black Bokhara pots against black backgrounds, but I think I've just about managed it!
The Bokhara range of vases and jars was developed by Robert Jefferson in 1964.  They're all hand thrown shapes and hand painted.  This particular vase comes in 2 sizes this one 674/1 is 5 1/2 inches tall and I found it on eBay this week: The larger one 674/2 is a bit of a whopper at 8 inches and joined my collection, at twice the size but half the price, from eBay about a year ago.
I've also got a butter dish and two different shaped preserve jars all in this same Sapphire Blue and Black glaze to I just need to see if I can pull off using the black background one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment